"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 5, 2011

I'm back from CA and I had a blast

I had a great time hanging out with my parents in San Diego.

They treated me to lots of Mexican food. : )

We ate here twice because it was soooo yummy!

The other restaurant even included some LOUD mariachis serenading us. And I had
guacamole enchiladas for the win! Yum! That's a lot of guac in one place! whoo-hoo!


My sister gave my dad a LOVELY retirement party.

And when she gives a party she goes all out. Filet mignon tenderloin, need I say more!? Incredibly delicious!

He got lots of silly gifts from his sister who had a gift to remind him of every job he has ever had. Here he is with the bowling shirt she made.


Here is one of my gifts. It's on a t-shirt, except my dad's name isn't Jerry. lol
We all had such a fun time that we told Dad that he really needs to retire again soon. lol

I also got to celebrate my birthday with my family. Such fun! They gave me a Slap Chop and a Graty! -I can't wait to try them. I'll be 'slapping my troubles away' in no time. Too funny!
(lyrics from the Slap Chop Rap)

We also enjoyed the farmers market and the Oktoberfest while I was there. I had fun buying little gifts for the kids and a very unique cane for my brother in law. And last but not least I carried home a carne asada burrito for my man from his favorite taco shop 22 years ago when he lived out there too. I knew my mission was a success when he called me the next day and said he had the best lunch of anyone in Florida and I was greatly relieved when he DIDN'T get food poisoning.-Because after traveling for 10 hours, you start to wonder. ; )

On my first flight out, I had to run to catch my connecting flight and found out that adding some exercise to my life would be a good idea! lol
On the way home, my lay over was a lot more relaxing. And how crazy is this? -I ran into friends from our church in FLORIDA in the DALLAS airport who were flying home from vacationing in WASHINGTON state. Isn't that wild?! It was too fun!

We ended up sitting on the run way for an hour unable to take off. I was starting to think that the captain was making up these excuses just to keep his night interesting because they were so odd! Here they are: "We have to count the luggage in the hull by hand before we take off because electronics have failed us." Next-"We have a water leak." Next- "The coffee maker is broken and has to be replaced." (I for one, could definitely handle flying without a working coffee maker but maybe I'm the only one!) With everything breaking I thought I might get to meet Jesus with my friends Devin and Natalie...lol but we made it! We got in around midnight. I was so happy to see my family that I stopped traffic by hopping in the car! : )


They were pretty happy to see me to because I arrived home to a CLEAN house and this sweet sign from my kiddos:

Had an awesome time and happy to be home! ~Becky

No comments: