"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 25, 2009

"I love you" and its double meaning

I don't know how this got started. It surely wasn't my idea!
When we are singing in church and I am way off key, Joy whispers "I love you, Mom" in my ear.
I used to say, "Thank you. I love you too, Honey." Then she informed me that its a our code for "You are way off, Mom." LOL!
She, by the way, has a lovely voice and has taken voice lessons. I just make an enthusiastic 'joyful noise.'
Well, there are some worship services where I get to hear quite a few times that she loves me. And then I whisper back: "Go stand on the other side of Dad!" (that man can sing!)
On Wednesday nights I help out in the youth service and I LOVE the praise and worship!
Well, I must have been pretty into it last night because I heard a sweet voice inside my head saying "I love you, Mom." ; )
I guess she's got me pretty well trained now.

~Becky

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

How sweet! I love to make a joyful noise too, Becky. I like to sing, but I'm not sure people like to hear me. LOL

Susan said...

I love this. what a sweet daughter you have.

Toni said...

LOL! This is such a sweet (and hilarious) story, Becky. Good thing God loves our singing (no matter how off key), eh? :D
Blessings,
~Toni~

Jamie said...

She is a sweetie! That will be something to tell her kids about!!