"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 30, 2008

I'm so thankful...

for A/C !!!!

And not just because it is blazing hot right now either! : )

I actually have a brand new A/C unit to be thankful for today because of our dear friend Carlos. He didn't like the fact that the unit we had wasn't big enough for our square footage since we added on to our house. We however, were happy to use an inefficient system and have a family room that was as hot as an oven. Our plan was to just keep using it until it gave up the ghost....
But, he wouldn't have it...
And there is absolutely no talking him out of something once he decides to do it either. : )

He bought a big one and determined that he and my hubby and boys would install it themselves!!!
It didn't matter one bit to him that he and my hubby have no A/C experience.
We haven't come across anything that Carlos can't fix or build eventually.
We joke that our appliances tremble in fear of him and don't dare not work when he is around. LOL

As we have seen him do on many occasions when adding on to our house or remodeling a bathroom or a kitchen, he prayed for divine wisdom on HOW to do it.
And the Lord blessed it! ~At 11:00 pm Saturday night we had cool air blowing out of that unit!

He and my guys were up til 1:00 am every night this weekend doing duct work which meant spending HOT hours in our attic and getting full of fiberglass! Bless their hearts. I called it a night and went to bed when I saw water pouring out of the attic on the wood floor. ~About the only thing I did to help was not complain about the heat. (not sure I even pulled that off, actually) I did resist the temptation to go and spend the night at a hotel. ; )
Our house has totally looked like a bomb hit it for the past 3 or 4 days! Now, I have plenty to do. The kids and I have been working for hours today to get it back to normal and we are almost there. Yay!

Now this was grueling and most of these projects they've done, have been! But the male bonding that occurs is just another added blessing because they all truly have a BLAST together. It's a lot of fun to watch. They joke the whole time.

My hubby was raised in a 'call the repairman' type of family. He has become quite the handy guy over the years with Carlos as his best friend. Our boys have learned some priceless skills from him too. More than I could ever list. It's really pretty amazing to me how confident and handy they are with tools of all kinds. I highly doubt our boys will ever call a repairman when they have their own homes someday. Carlos' example has made a big impact on us. He reminds us that just because you don't know how to do something doesn't mean the Lord can't show you how!

Thank you for EVERYTHING, Carlos!
~Becky

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You have lots of patience!! Glad the kids had fun while you sweated it out!