"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 26, 2018

Playing and painting

So, the bad thing about painting one room in your house,
is that you look around and realize that the rest of your WHOLE house could use re- painting.
So, I may be spending all my days off painting from now until Jesus comes.
But I should be able to move into my new bedroom in the next couple of weeks and I'm excited.

And speaking of days off, last week a friend and I had plans to go to the beach but red tide spoiled those plans. So, we decided to be adventurous and try Weeki Wachi State Park.
It was kind of like going back in time and getting to see an old view of Florida.
We saw a mermaid show that has been happening since the 1950's. Seriously, girls in mermaid suits, were underwater, acting out the play of  The Little Mermaid and mouthing the words! -There were hoses they could grad and breath from whenever they needed to. It takes a lot of skill to be a mermaid, Y'all!
There was a boat ride included with admission and it was a beautiful ride on the  spring which is completely clear and always 74 degrees.  Usually you can see manatees but because the Gulf of Mexico is so warm right now, they are there instead. But if you go in the winter you will see some!
We went to the 'beach' and got in the spring, which was a bit too cold for me. But Joy went down the lazy river in a tube and there was also a gigantic water slide to enjoy. -You know you planned a cool event when your daughter crashes Mom's day out. Yes!

And speaking of crashing things. My BFF crashed my week in the best possible way! She decided on Monday morning to fly to Florida and arrived that night! It was great to see her again. She spent the week helping her son get ready for college and fixing up his new place.

Here's hoping I can get my kids to crash my next painting party!  ; )

~Becky





No comments: