"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 8, 2018

Wednesdays in the Word

 A prayer from Colossians chapter 3


Lord,
Help me to remember that I died and my life is hidden with Christ in God now and that my focus is to be on things above and not on just the things that I can see. 
I have been made new and my mind is renewed. I am the image of Him who created me. I am holy and beloved. You say that I am the elect of God and that sounds awesome! As such, may what people see in me, be YOUR kindness, YOUR humility, YOUR meekness, 
YOUR patience, YOUR ability to forgive and to bear with one another whenever I have a complaint against someone. 
All of this is possible because You make us able to wear love which is the bond of perfection. Help me to wear love well today. And not to take it off in the middle of my day at the first sign of controversy or pain.
May Your peace rule in my heart. Help me not to let anything else rule my life today. So many other things would like to! May I keep in mind that as Yours, I've been called to peace.
May I also remember to be thankful. Thankfullness has the power to change everything. 
May I load up on Your Word daily like it is caffieine or vitamins! May I not let the Word in me dry up, but be ever consuming it so that it dwells in me richly and not barely! Your Word will keep me! 
May it give me the wisdom to live, admonish, and teach. And may I remember to speak it, sing it and meditate on it.
And whatever I do today, may I do it all in Your name and make You proud. 
Amen! 

~Becky

No comments: