"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 12, 2018

A new season

In 2005 my hubby's best friend helped us build an addition on our house. The kids were young and we pretty much just cheered him on a cleared away debris. ; ) 
 Part of the addition included building a large room and bathroom for our three boys to share.
Hubby and I planned to make it "the honeymoon suite" when they grew up and moved away. 
After his passing, I couldn't move in there because it seemed too sad.
 Many months later, I invited Zac and Tiffany to move in because Zac was about to go back to school and I thought living here would make things easier for them. We also missed them and thought our house was WAY to quiet. Thankfully, they said 'yes' and we had a great time having them here for the last two years.
 
They just found a really cute apartment closer to their jobs and they moved last week. We are so excited for them and a little sad for us. Zac has just one more semester until graduation! Hooray! They moved in on Monday and on Tuesday he took his final exams for his summer classes and turned in a final project. His determination and diligence never cease to amaze me. 

That room actually did have its season as a "honeymoon suite" when I thought about it because they were still newlyweds when they moved in! : )

And I've decided that it is NOT TOO SAD now, for me to move in there. Bring on all that space and my very own bathroom! Yes, please!!!! Can't wait!

So, I'm looking forward to switching rooms soon. -Lots of painting and decorating and room moving to follow. Andrew is thinking about switching rooms as well.

Joy has a new job as a barista in a boutique coffee shop, which she is enjoying. She's also been dog sitting  and house sitting all over town and we barely see her. I saw her at church the other day and I took her picture because Joy sightings are rare. LOL

Andrew is ready to start his second year of college and it wasn't without the usual financial aid paperwork nightmare that college life seems to include. But he is set now and school starts next week. 

Nathan is greatly enjoying his ministry position in CA and he can't be talked out of living there even though we often try. 

My schedule at work has changed and that has been fun. I love having Fridays off  now and I work on Saturday nights., so my brain has been confused all week over what day of the week it actually is, but I'll get used to it. 

Our BFFs in CA sent their son to school in our city and he just arrived and found a place to live nearby. We are excited to have him over for laundry-doing and some home-cooked meals. (when I can catch my kids long enough to atually cook)

Becky



No comments: