"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 1, 2018

Wednesdays in the Word

After I gave my life to Christ, at 16, the book of Philippians was my go-to whenever I needed cheering up as a teenager. 
I remember my friends knew that and would ask if it was a Philippians kind of day or not. LOL
Reading all four chapters in one sitting, always made me feel better for some reason. 

Here's some gems from Philippians 4:

"Let your gentleness be known to all men, the Lord is at hand."

"Be anxious for nothing, But in everything by prayer and supplication -with thanksgiving- let your requests be made known to God. (not everybody else!)

"And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and mind through Christ Jesus." 

Lord,
Thank you that I have the option to give You my requests while thanking You for for all You've done, and in exchange, I get a peace that doesn't make sense and one that will guard my mind from further anxiety. What a deal! 
Please forgive me for the times that I don't thank you and just rattle off all my anxious thoughts.
Forgive me for the times that I make my requests known to everyone else and don't leave them with You. And especially for the times when I don't take You up on this offer at all and am anxious about all kinds of things.
You are so good to us! 

~Becky





No comments: