"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 25, 2018

Wednesdays in the Word


Boldness is apparently a by product of being in the Lord's presence. ♡

In Acts 4 we read that when the people "saw the boldness of Peter and John...they realized that they had been with Jesus." I love that!

The prayer of the believers who were gathered with Peter and John when they had been released from prison was "Now, Lord, look on their threats and grant to your servants that with all boldness they may speak your word."

The answer to that prayer happened when "the place where they were assembled together was shaken and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and they spoke the word of God with boldness."

Boldness in these passages means "a cheerful courage." I really love that!
It isn't a pompous or loud thing.

I'm so glad that His "cheerful courage" is available when we ask!

- I asked for it a lot this week when I had the chance to do some public speaking. Even in a casual setting, it freaks me out!  I was walking around beforehand quoting to myself that "The righteous are bold as a lion." (Prov. 28:1) And that "God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and a sound mind."  (2 Tim.1:7)  LOL
And, hey, I didn't pass out! ; )

"When I called, You answered me, You made me bold with strength in my soul."  Ps. 138:3


~Becky

No comments: