"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 27, 2019

Wednesdays in the Word

Some encouragement from Psalms 77 today:

"In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord."

"Has His mercy ceased forever?" 

"I complained and my spirit was overwhelmed." 

"Has God forgotten to be gracious?" 

Ever feel this way?
I love that the Psalms express the wide range of emotions that we go through.

The following verses remind us that all the comfort we need on our blue days, is found in His story and ours!

1. "I will remember Your wonders of old."

Look around you at all that He's created.
Remember that there was once a day when He made the sun stand still.
One time He had a whole bunch of people shout and a brick wall fell down.
Another day, the Red Sea stood up in a heap on both sides and His people walked across it on dry land.
And on more than one day, He made people who were dead, come back to life!

2. I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High 

His 'right hand' refers to the powerful acts of the Most High.
Some of my favorite power acts of His have to be conquering sin, death, hell and the grave for us through His death and resurrection.

3. "I call to remembrance my song in the night."

I think these are the desperate times in our lives maybe or maybe not at night, where we saw Him intervene in some amazing way. I've got lots of these!
On the floor of a hospital room for one. Another time when I was so ill I should have been in a hospital room, for another..

"I will meditate on all Your work and talk of Your deeds." 
"Who is so great a God as our God? You are the God who does wonders." 

So remember your story and His.


~Becky

No comments: