"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 3, 2019

January inched by

One of my goals for this year is to read 12 books. I’m feeling incredibly accomplished because I finished the first four in the month of January, so that’s a great start! I hope to read a mixture of spiritual, historical and fictional books. This was the first one and I loved it.


I usually run from books or movies that involve a cancer theme but this one was a fun, sweet read. And a bit therapeutic as I was reminded of our days in the Infusion Center and what it was like to cook for a chemo patient, who felt like everything tasted like metal. I love how the characters in the story dealt with that. Gotta love a book with lots of Jane Austen and C.S. Lewis quotes! ๐Ÿ’•And it wasn’t even too sad!

The beach is my absolute favorite happy place but not so conducive for winter. And it has actually been quite a cold one here in Florida! So Joy and I decided to get annual zoo passes! It was the cost of one visit, so you can't beat that! Great place to exercise on my days off! I walked 3.5 miles the other day, in between laughing at some of the sights! 


For 21 days in January, our church did a time of prayer and fasting. What you fasted was optional, of course. Some of us fasted food and others fasted social media, TV, video games etc. I was basically a sugar-free vegan who didn't watch much TV, which is the reason I could finish four books. LOL 
It was a great time of drawing closer to the Lord and getting refocused on His plan for my life.

The other night, I babysat my friend's 9 month old and her 3 year old. It was so much fun! I got my baby fix with so many cuddles! -And seriously wondered how I ever cared for my 4 kiddos when they were all 6 years old and under. Obviously, I was once Wonder Woman! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Who knew!? 

This is the first year that I can think of that I'm not hosting a Super Bowl party. But I'm OK with that. I haven't ever really cared about who won it, just what I was serving and that people had a good time. 
Instead, I have been asked to go dog sit the 'grand dog' during it and I'm happy to do it. Here's hoping that maybe in the next 5 years or so, it will be a grandCHILD and not a dog! LOL 

Well, it is finally February! I don't why but January felt 3 months long!  Maybe it was the fasting! 

~Happy February! 
Becky

No comments: