"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 13, 2013

Wednesdays in the Word


I love that Job was someone that God could brag about to the devil:
 "Have you considered my servant Job? There is none like him on earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil." 

When he lost everything:
"he fell to the ground and worshiped."

He said:
"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

"Shall we indeed accept good from God and shall we not accept adversity?"

He didn't blame God for his troubles:
 "In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong." 

And finally:
"In all this Job did not sin with his lips."
 -I'd like to go one day without sinning with my lips! LOL : )

I'd also like to be someone who doesn't 'charge God with wrong' when things in my world don't go the way I think they should. And when things do go wrong I'd like to be like to be the kind of person who 'falls to the ground and worships' rather than complains and whine.

May we all be people that God can brag about because we 'fear God and shun evil.'

~Becky

No comments: