"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 11, 2013

For those who love Sherlock Holmes and love the Bible

I saw this book the other day in Barnes and Noble and was so intrigued to find that someone had written a book that had "The World's Greatest Detective Tackling the Bible's Ultimate Mysteries." What a great idea!



Our library had it on ebook and so I checked it out. (because I'm cheap like that)
I was so happy to find out that it wasn't 'cheesy' like my teenagers would say, but really well done, which makes me want to buy a copy for my teens to read.

I've only read the first mystery so far, but I really liked it. I learned a Biblical fact I'd never noticed before that helped me understand one of the Old Testament stories sooo much better! -Sorry, I know that's vague. I don't want to give anything away... 

I found this article by the author that describes why he chose to use Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson to solve Bible mysteries
 
Enjoy!
~Becky

No comments: