"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 18, 2018

A beautiful tribute

I'm so blessed by what my youngest son put on social media today in honor of his dad.
Here it is:

"Today, 3 years ago I held my fathers hand and thanked him for all that he has been to me. Thanked him for equipping me, fighting for me, loving me, and most importantly, showing me how to follow Jesus and love him for myself.
I slept in the chair next to his bed in hospice that night, and when I woke up, he was in glory with The Lord.

It’s a feedback loop of grief and gratitude that weighs on my heart. I allow myself to feel it and ask God to comfort, provide, and bring peace through this pain. My father taught me more in 16 years than most fathers do in a lifetime.

The truth is, cancer couldn’t be farther from his body as he beholds the King he sought after so diligently. And I will choose to run this race knowing my earthly and heavenly father await me with a smile. God was glorified even in darkness, and my faith was strengthened even in shadow. It would be a lie to run away. I press on with patience as I believe and watch God work all things for good in my life over the rest of my time on t(His) earth.

Thank you to everyone who has been there for my family. You are loved."

💗

No comments: