"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 5, 2018

Wednesdays in the Word

I've been asked to share my testimony with a group of young adult women this week so I've been thinking a lot about what my testimony is.

I feel like I could divide my life into 2  testimonies.
But the last one is still being worked out and is so raw and I'm not including it. ; )

It hit me this morning, when reading in Isaiah 43, that my testimony isn't that God miraculously healed my husband of cancer. "

- I WISH that was my testimony!

My testimony is that when you go through horrible things in life,

GOD  IS WITH YOU.


I know I didn't walk through any of that alone.
His peace was overwhelming and constant!


If you are facing some hard things right now, I hope these verses encourage you. He doesn't ask us to walk alone.

"I have called you by name. You are Mine. When you pass through the waters I WILL BE WITH YOU. 
(notice that it says 'when' and not 'if'. We will all face hard times)
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned. Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the Lord your God. The Holy One of Israel, your Savior. 
Fear not, I am with You."


~Becky


No comments: