"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 22, 2018

When I learned not to trust expiration dates

So this has been a busy season and was one of the biggest weeks for us in church life. -Okay, maybe it is a toss up between this week and CHRISTMAS, but either way, it was a huge week, in which I'd worked 4 ten hour days. And then the very night before we  hosted a three day women's conference for almost 500 women, I got food poisoning and barely slept.
Ugh, it was not fun! Next time something smell funky, I won't eat it even if ISN'T expired. LOL Why have I not learned that lesson before now?!

By the time the conference started, I felt better. It turned out to be everything we'd hoped it would be. It was amazing, and healing and so inspiring. We had incredible speakers and the Lord spoke so many things that I needed to hear, through them.

Three days of receiving and serving has got to be my max though. I was emotionally spent by the end.
So, today after church, I spent some time going over my notes and processing what I'd learned and then I went to the beach!
The beach is where I EXHALE and relax and regroup. -I need to find a fun place to do that in the winter though, because it is only fun in the summer!
Anyway, I don't live on the Atlantic side of the Florida, so a beach day with WAVES is rare.
 I jumped and laughed and got pummelled and pounded and had the best time!

Maybe because I've been introspective for 4 days straight now,  but the whole scenario reminded me of life.We face something huge and it may crash on top of us and cause us to loose our balance,
but we get back up and face what's next. And maybe we relax and float through the next five waves enjoying ourselves, until wave number six breaks right on top of us and we go under for a second. But then we pop back up to face what is next,
As I was thinking that and totally wishing I owned a Boogie board, LOL
 I was reminded that the One that has seen me through every wave of every storm, once actually WALKED on water. ❤ And He's promised never to leave us or forsake us. 

~Becky


No comments: