"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 20, 2016

This and that

So, I am up to my eyeballs in technical difficulties at our house at this moment, so I'm blogging on my tablet from Zac's house. Please forgive any typos.

-One of my techie kids recently told me they would rather live without running water and electricity than be without Internet. -Definitely one of our male offspring.  ;) Lol
Due to a huge thunderstorm today, our house is without power at the moment.

We have been all about the Olympics at our house these days. How fun were the swimming and gymnastics?!
 We had a little opening ceremonies party and then Tuesday night we are had another little get together over pizza to watch track and field along with gymnastics. Andrew is our go-to-guy for all the Olympic stats. He knows them all. I love how much he loves them. We may have withdrawals after tomorrow.

My temporary job was extended for a few more weeks and I'm enjoying it. I get to work with a sweet bunch of people!
In the last month I've learned a bit about how to juggle all the duties of home life while being gone all day, five days a week. And because school started this week, I'm going to learn how to add the responsibilities of homeschooling to the mix. Help me Jesus! :-)
My baby is a senior this year, making this my 20th year of homeschooling!
 And that is why I've never worked outside my home before now. I hope I always remember how important and meaningful those years were. I wouldn't trade them for anything.
~Some epic celebratation is still going to be in order at the end of the school year even if my Hubby can no longer take me on a cruise! :)
Andrew is able to come with me to work a couple of days a week and do his school work there, which is nice.  This also means he gets to hangout with some really cool people that he likes on his breaks.

I just finished reading Life Is... by Judah Smith and it was so good!!! I highly recommend it.
Now I am reading Mrs. Kennedy and Me written by her Secret Service Agent. It has been very enjoyable but I obviously haven't reached the sad part yet...

That's about all the random happenings going on here.
So here's hoping we get our computer probs worked out this week so that I can be a more frequent blogger in the future.

~Becky

No comments: