"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 2, 2013

Wednesdays in the Word and favorite reads of '12

It's the 2nd! And a great time to renew our goals to spend daily time with God in the Word and prayer.
What devotional books do you love?
What Bible reading plan works for you?
I'd love to hear!  : )
The Bible reading 'plan' I love is the 6 chapters a day program from various sections of the Bible. One chapter from the: Pentateuch, one from the 'history' books, one from the prophets, one from the poetry books, one from the gospels and one from the epistles. Not too complicated like some reading plans and it is never boring. : )
I don't always get it all read in my morning quiet time and I miss a day or two all together when life gets crazy, but I keep plugging away at it because:

"The human heart does not replenish itself with sleep. The body does, but not the heart. We replenish our hearts not with sleep, but with the Word of God and prayer.” ~John Piper
Sooo true!

Besides the Bible,
 here are my FAVORITE reads of 2012 which were all SO spiritually inspiring and life changing and blessed my socks off. And I'd love to hear your list!

One Thousand Gifts

Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Historic Campaign to End Slavery

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy

Kisses from Katie

Any suggestions for 2013?.
And Happy New Year!

~Becky

No comments: