"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 19, 2012

A day to play

My hubby worked soooo many hours in the last two weeks, that he had to take a day and a half off. Hooray, hooray!

Friday he made the fam a huge breakfast and then I got the kids started on school and we hit the road! 
We went downtown to 'the world's largest continuous sidewalk' which is 4.5 miles long. Here's an aerial view of the sidewalk (thanks Google!) because I didn't have a camera with me.


Such a beautiful place to walk!

The view was quite distracting. One side of the sidewalk, is the bay and on the other, these gorgeous homes:




I really wanted to walk the entire sidewalk, but didn't quite make it. Hubby was making jokes that he would probably need to go and get the car to pick me up so I promised not to go so far that I couldn't do the walk back. : )  We ended up walking 8 miles! Whoo-hoo!
Then we went to lunch, where we probably ate all those calories we just burned. ; )

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE days when the principal and the teacher play hooky! 

~Becky

No comments: