"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 18, 2012

Wednesdays in the Word

A whole lot to say about sheep  : )

The sad view of the state of the sheep:  (various verses in Ezekiel 34)

" So they were scattered because there was no shepherd and they became food for all the beasts of the field when they scattered."

"My flock was scattered over the whole face of the earth and no one was seeking or searching for them."

"..the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock."

"The weak you have not strengthened nor have you healed those who were sick, nor bound up the broken, nor brought back what was driven away, nor sought what was lost but with force and cruelty you have ruled them. So they were scattered..."


Now, the good stuff:   (still from Ez. 34)

"I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out."

"I will feed my My flock and I will make them lie down (sound familiar?) says the Lord God."

"I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken..."

"You are My flock, the flock of My pasture, you are men and I am your God," says the Lord God."

"I will establish one shepherd over them and he shall feed them -My Servant David. He shall feed them and be their Shepherd, and I the Lord will be their God...there will be showers of blessings."


From David the Shepherd:  (various verses in Psalms 23)

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (lack)."

"He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside the still waters."

"He restores My soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness..."

"You anoint my head with oil, my cup runs over..."

"And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."


From our Glorious Good Shepherd: (various verses in Luke and John and 1 Peter)

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."

"I know My sheep and am known by My own."

"I lay down My life for the sheep."

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."

"For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."
Amen!

So glad to be one of His sheep,
~Becky

No comments: