"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 16, 2009

St. Louis memories

Today, I studied the Dred Scott Decision with Joy and Andrew. How horrible for people to be told that they were property and that the Constitution did not apply to them!


It was neat to be able to tell them that Nathan and I were in that courtroom this summer!


While we were in St. Louis for TBQ Nationals, we had a day of sight seeing and one of the places we visited was the Old Courthouse, along with the Gateway Arch and the Museum of Westward Expansion. It was awesome!


I can't even think about that sightseeing trip without remembering this funny story from a friend of mine who went with us:


When she got home from the trip, she took her pictures to work and showed them to her co-workers. When she showed them the picture of the Old Courthouse she accidentally said


"And this is where the Dred Lock decision was made." ; )


Then her friend said "Um, I think you mean Dred Scott." (she was so embarrassed!)

I laughed until I cried when she told me!

~Becky

No comments: