"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 17, 2007

Yum!

I'm a little late joining this but I couldn't resist! Go to Looking to Heaven for all the great menus and recipes being shared.

(*= see below for recipes)

Our menu will be:

Turkey

Stuffing

Mashed Potatoes and gravy (I'm not that great a gravy though but don't tell my family)

Green Beans

Sweet Potato Casserole (from Sarah at In The Midst of It)

*Deviled Eggs that my kids call "Blessed Eggs"

Homemade Yeast Rolls

*Garlic Spread


Chocolate Clusters

Pumpkin Frosting Pie

*Peanut Butter Pie

My dear mother-in-law taught me how to make these... And my kids think it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them.

Deviled or Blessed Eggs

Boil 8 eggs for 12 minutes
Immediately immerse in cold water and begin to peel then rinse.
You cut them lengthwise or in half for a chubbier look. If you cut off the tiniest bit off the bottom of the eggs, then they will be stabilized. Put all the yolk in a bowl along with the bits of white you cut off to keep them from rolling.
Mash and add salt and pepper.
Add a teaspoon of sugar
A Tablespoon of basalmic vinegar
Add either real mayo or Slaw Dressing
Mix and fill your eggs. One year I used my cake decorating kit to make them fancy but I usually just spoon in the filling.
Because of the basalmic vinegar, they aren't bright yellow. You can use another vinegar but I just love the taste of the basalmic so I don't worry about the lack of color.


Garlic Spread

1 8 oz. block of cream cheese

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup mayo

1 or 2 cloves of garlic (we like two) minced

1 tsp. Italian seasonings

Whip all these together until well blended. Best if chilled. Serve on crackers or on rolls. But best on homemade bread!!!

~Becky


No comments: